[rancid] About the .cloginrc file

Wagner Pereira wpereira at pop-sp.rnp.br
Tue Mar 9 12:57:12 UTC 2010

Hi, all.

I would like to ensure that my .cloginrc file is correctly written. Can
someone help me out? Thanks a lot.

============================
add password 10.0.0.1 {vty_pass} {ena_pass}

add user 10.0.0.1 $USER

add userprompt 10.0.0.1 {"Username:"}

# add userpassword <router name glob> <user password>
#       The password for user if different than the password set
#       using 'add password'.

add passprompt 10.0.0.1 {"Password:"}

add method * {telnet} {ssh}

add enableprompt 10.0.0.1 {"Password:"}

add cyphertype 10.0.0.1 3des

# customer x
# these routers ask for a username and password.  we automatically get
# enable access after successful authentication.
add user *.custx.net            roger
add password *.custx.net        {doger}
add autoenable *.custx.net      1

# customer y
# this is the normal cisco login.  a password followed by and enable
password.
# try ssh first, then rlogin.
add password *.custy.net        {vector}        {victor}
add method *.custy.net          ssh rlogin

# customer z; they use ssh only.
add user *.custz.net            shirley
add password *.custz.net        {jive}          {surely}
add method *.custz.net          ssh

# the route-server's do not provide enable access.  cmdline -noenable
# equivalent.
add noenable route-server*      1

# all our routers, i.e.: everything else
add password *                  {clearance}     {clarence}

# set ssh encryption type, dflt: 3des
add cyphertype *                {3des}

# set the username prompt to "router login:"
#add userprompt *               {"router login:"}

# ssh identity for a juniper; used with jlogin
add identity    my.juniper      $env(HOME)/.ssh/juniper

# riverstone / enterasys / cabletron (rivlogin) example
# these boxes are 'back-to-front' from cisco (i.e., ask
# for vty password always, then tac+/radius if configured).
#
# vty password and last resort (enable) password for rivlogin
add password rs3000             {vtypass}       {lastresort}
# if using tac+ or radius login, include these lines
add user rs3000                 {monster}
add userpassword rs3000         {scary}

--

Wagner Pereira

PoP-SP/RNP - Ponto de Presença da RNP em São Paulo
CCE/USP - Centro de Computação Eletrônica da Universidade de São Paulo
http://www.pop-sp.rnp.br
Tel. (11) 3091-8901