[rancid] Extreme Networks x650 Login timeout solved issue

Sylvain 74 sylvain74230 at yahoo.fr
Thu Jun 24 18:00:43 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I had the following error using clogin provided with Rancid 2.3.3 to connect to my Extreme Network x650 (XOS :

[rancid at cpt ~]$ bin/clogin. -f .cloginrc -c "show configuration" lapgensw0
spawn ssh -c 3des -x -l manager lapgensw0

Keyboard-interactive authentication
Enter password for manager:
Error: TIMEOUT reached
[rancid at cpt ~]$

I had to modify clogin and now it's ok :
[rancid at cpt bin]$ diff clogin clogin.new
<       set p_prompt "(\[Pp]assword|passwd):"
>       set p_prompt "(\[Pp]assword|passwd|Enter password for .+):"

Please note that 'manager' in the password prompt is my login.

Hope it can help.