[rancid] sflow timeout filter for dell PowerConnects

Wayne Hall whall at whall.org
Thu Jul 29 14:44:21 UTC 2010

For those who take advantage of sflow on the newer powerconnect firmware
(3.x supports it), you might find that the running-config now has a new
timeout value, which is a countdown.  Countdowns make babies cry.  While I
hate to see crying babies, sflow is way too useful to let a few whiny
infants get in my way of using it, so instead I decided to modify rancid to
stop informing me of this countdown reduction.

3c3
< ## $Id: drancid,v 1.2 2010/07/29 14:42:56 rancid Exp $
---
> ## $Id: drancid,v 1.1 2010/07/29 14:09:22 rancid Exp $
229,237d228
<               # -------------------------------
<               # custom lines here
<               # -------------------------------
<               #
<               # ignore sflow countdown timer
<               if (/(sflow\s+\d+.*timeout)/) {
<             ProcessHistory("","","","$1 4294967295\n"); next;

I'm putting in that high number because that is the highest the command
allows, and if you're wanting to paste it into a config again later, better
it to be a usable command and not an <ignored> or <removed> type of message.

My thanx to *john heasley *on the post at
http://www.shrubbery.net/pipermail/rancid-discuss/2010-July/005065.html for
the hints I needed.

This is my first filter, so be kind.