[rancid] Patch to skip the echoed cmd in write term

Arjan Oosting arjan at helix-nebula.org
Tue Jul 27 13:49:47 UTC 2010

Hi,

I have some patches I use in RANCID setup at work which I would like
to share and see included in new versions of RANCID.

One of these is the attached patch. We have some quite old IOS routers
where the "more system:running-config" command appeared in the
configuration backups after an upgrade to RANCID 2.3.3:

The routers seemed to echo the unknown command before indicating it
as an invalid command. A manual run confirmed this:

        example-router#more system:running-config
        more system:running-config
         ^
        % Invalid input detected at '^' marker.

        example-router#show running-config
        Building configuration...

        Current configuration:

Because the cmd was not skipped in the WriteTerm procedure it got
included in the configuration backups. The attached patch fixes the
issue.

Could this patch be included in the next release of RANCID?

Greetings Arjan