[rancid] Renaming a device - keeping the changelog

Steve Ousley Steve at host-it.co.uk
Tue Jan 12 16:11:46 UTC 2010

OK, I'm sure i've seen this somewhere, either on the mailing list, or on the site, but am unable to find it anywhere.

What I have: a device has now moved from one location to another, and it's A record (which Rancid uses) has changed.  I want to rename the device in Rancid, but keep the changelogs.  Can anyone point me in the direction of how to do this please.

Cheers.

Steve Ousley - SO620-RIPE
Nuco Technologies Ltd
steve at host-it.co.uk<mailto:steve at host-it.co.uk>
www.nucotechnologies.com<http://www.nucotechnologies.com/>
Tel. 0844 745 1300
Skype: nucotech-support

Nuco Technologies Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales
with company number 04470751