[rancid] Re: Cisco WAE (WAAS) units

James M Keller jmkeller at houseofzen.org
Tue Feb 16 20:50:37 UTC 2010

On 2/16/2010 11:05 AM, James M Keller wrote:
> I know there was some discussion in the archives about getting these
> working (even basic show run, writer term, etc).
>
> The problem is in rancid:WriteTerm sub, there is a block to compress
> '!' lines to a singe line, which ends up dropping the "! End of WAAS
> configuration" marker line and leaving the singe '!'.   At least in
> the 4.x WAAS code, there are two '!' lines and then the '! End of WAAS
> configuration" line.
>
> The fix is to  add an end of config check above this comment line
> compression function:
>
>         # Cisco WAAS WAE units prefix End of command line with '!'
>
>         # Neet to check for end of config here before skipping comments
>
>         if (/^! End of WAAS configuration/) {
>
>             $found_end = 1;
>
>             return(0);
>
>         }
>
>         # skip consecutive comment lines to avoid oscillating extra
> comment
>
>         # line on some access servers.  grrr.
>
>         if (/^!/) {
>
>             next if ($comment);
>
>             ProcessHistory("","","",$_);
>
>             $comment++;
>
>             next;
>
>         }
>

> I haven't looked at the current code, this was against Debian lenny's
> version.
>
> --
> ---
> James M Keller

It looks like lenny is 2.3.2 code (listed as current on shrubbery.net),
so I can do diff's when I'm down adding int WAE support to the main
rancid script.  Central manager configs are retrievable from CLI.  At
best you could script the command to dump the database to XML on the CM
file system and then try more dbfile.xml to terminal.   But the admin
guide notes it's resource intensive to do the export.  At least I'm able
to grab the acceleration-engine configs and also grab WAAS specific info
as comment entries.  I'm likely going to have to tweak some of it to
parse out updating data like session counters, so not ready to dump a
diff yet.   Also added WCCP info as comments for both the WAEs and Cisco
IOS, as our shop is using the WCCP rather then in-line for these.   If
show ip wccp returns not eabled or invalid, etc it skips it like any
other invalid command for a platform.

--
---
James M Keller