[rancid] Increasing Timeout For RANCID

Kemp, Larry Larry.Kemp at usmetrotel.com
Tue Feb 9 21:53:46 UTC 2010

I have some Cisco 2950's that I need RANCID to reach via SSH. Each time rancid-run executes (either manually by me or via the cron) I see in the log that there is a clogin error for these devices. I am able to manually login by entering: "ssh rancid at 172.20.30.1" as user rancid. I am able to login to these devices and then enter my enable password and run privledged commands, however to reach a password prompt takes a good 7 seconds because of how me have to route to these devices. The devices are also small and contain little memory.

I read here: http://www.shrubbery.net/rancid/man/clogin.1.html about the -t option to increase the time that Rancid waits before erroring out waiting for a login prompt. I also looked in the /usr/local/rancid/bin/clogin file to see if there was a place for me to increase this timeout limit. I am not sure if this is where I need to edit. Can anyone that has done this before point me in the right direction to increase the login timeout.

[cid:image001.png at 01CAA9A6.52FA96A0]