[rancid] Rancid doesnt backup anything

Remy Heiden remyheiden at gmail.com
Tue Dec 21 23:09:57 UTC 2010

Oops, Sorry.
I was too quick to answer and didn't read all of the question.

If these are "standard" Cisco switches, like 2900 Series or whatever, clogin
should be able to enable the privileged mode.

What happens when you set the autoenable to 0 (or remove the statement
completely) AND remove the enable-password from the password statement?
Does clogin still hang or are you getting a "normal" prompt that does
respond to commands?
Can you then enable the privileged mode on the switch after having clogin
log into the switch?

Please ensure the enable-password is correct and you have clogin connect to
the right switch.

Maybe you could post the command that clogin spawns to log into the switch
and all the output after that?

Greetz again,
Remy