[rancid] CatOS config backup issue with RANCID 2.3.2a9

Chance Delome cdelome at lus.org
Tue Dec 21 17:36:19 UTC 2010

>From the following post, was there any suggestion.

My rancid session is failing on all CatOS switches.

Thanks,

<-

I have moved to 2.3.2a9 recently and have stumbled up on an issue with
all

the devices running CatOS. The rancid-run script enables the user to
login

to the userexec mode and then to the privilege mode but later it does
not

execute any command!!! and gets timed out. I have tested clogin script,

which works fine and takes me to the privilege mode after giving all

credentials - vty username/password and enable password.

This is the log which i receive from the log file.

<Hostname> clogin error: Error: TIMEOUT reached

I went through the old messages in the forum but they all point to

"autoenable" which is not my case since RANCID does login to the device.

verified the same with my ACS logs.

Have any of you faced a similar problem ? Can someone help me with a fix
for

this ?

Regards//Sreekanth

--