[rancid] Re: RANCID with Nexus 7000

Ian Stong istong at costar.com
Tue Apr 27 12:48:25 UTC 2010

Hi,

I'm using the nxrancid file and am able to successfully connect to the
7k using nxrancid -d device_ip.  However when I run rancid via cron for
all my devices, including this one, it doesn't work. In the router.db
file I added 7k_ip:cisco:up but I'm not sure that is enough to tell
rancid to use the nxrancid file versus the standard cisco rancid file. I
read the router.db(5) man page and there is no mention of how to do this
other than specifying Cisco for the type.

Please advise on how to tell rancid to use the nxrancid file for this
device.

Thanks,

Ian