[rancid] Re: New device on .cloginrc

Drikus Brits Drikus.Brits at vodacom.co.za
Fri Apr 16 15:13:37 UTC 2010

There should be no impact. Your radius setup is queried in the same way that TACACS would be queried, as such it should be invisible to clogin as to what/who is doing the authentication.

So , when you change your .cloginrc file to the below :

add user * admin
add password * {whatever_the_password_is}

what do you get ?

Thus to recap.....

1.	Make sure you are either user admin logged in on your system and then try to clogin
2. 	Set the user variable to "admin" in the .cloginrc file if you are another user.

Also,  can you try a manual login and see what happens ?..eg telnet into the device/or ssh and see if it completes ?

d.