[rancid] Rancid stopped working for my HP switches

David Krider david at davidkrider.com
Fri Apr 2 18:55:16 UTC 2010

I had everything setup, and it worked for a couple weeks, and now I
can't get backups for my HP Procurve switches. Running:

export NOPIPE=YES; hrancid -d switch_janitor_closet.data-cave.com

gets me this, from the raw file:

-------------
<SNIP!>

^MPress any key to continueProCurve 2610 [103]# ^M
ProCurve 2610 [103]# no page^M
ProCurve 2610 [103]# terminal length 0^M
Invalid input: 0
^MProCurve 2610 [103]# invalid command name "print"
    while executing
"print "$command""
    (procedure "run_commands" line 16)
    invoked from within
"run_commands $prompt $command"
    ("foreach" body line 142)
    invoked from within"
"foreach router [lrange $argv $i end] {
    set router [string tolower $router]
    send_user "$router\n"

    # Figure out prompt.
    # Since autoena..."
    (file "/var/lib/rancid/bin/hlogin" line 595)

I've been looking at this for several hours, but I can't figure out what
the problem is. My Cisco routers are unaffected. Can anyone point me in
the right direction?

Thanks!
dk