[rancid] Re: Hello All & a little help?

Steve Teti steti at monmouth.com
Fri Apr 2 16:00:56 UTC 2010

Hi Ben,

On 4/2/2010 10:07 AM, Ben Granholm wrote:
> However, I really need it to both be web viewable

Check out ViewVC (http://viewvc.org/), it works great for us.  WebSVN
(http://websvn.tigris.org/) is somewhat prettier if you're using an SVN
backend.

> Is there some way to set traps up on the router to trigger a polling on the Rancid machine?

I'm not sure about triggering config backups when changes are made.  You
may be able to do this with an EEM script if your router supports it,
but I don't know.  An alternative would be TACACS+ command accounting,
which will log every command entered on your routers.  When combined
with rancid's hourly config backups, you can easily track down
who-did-what-when if a problem occurs.

Good luck!

Steve