[rancid] Re: Monitoring BGP in Rancid

Jon Lewis jlewis at lewis.org
Sun Sep 6 20:06:45 UTC 2009

On Fri, 4 Sep 2009, mathiruban wrote:

> Dear Team,
>
> Is it possible to monitor the BGP status in links using Rancid looking glass?
> If BGP is down, can I get the email notification?

I don't see why you couldn't add a show ip bg sum to the commands
run...but the problem I'd see with doing that in rancid is that if you're
talking about BGP (full routes, peering) with external AS's, the
number of prefixes received is likely to be in constant flux, causing a
diff every time rancid runs.