[rancid] Trouble automating TFTP downloading using clogin

ML ml at kenweb.org
Tue Sep 1 01:42:27 UTC 2009

I'm trying to script clogin to login to some switches and pull an IOS
image via tftp.

clogin -t 300 -c 'copy tftp://1.1.1.1/file.bin flash:' 2.2.2.2

I see the copy command appear to execute on the remote switch but the
operation ever starts.  I verified with remote tftp server that not a
single packet ever reaches it.  There is essentially zero output during
the vty session after the copy starts.  I can successfully execute other
commands, just not 'copy'.

What could be happening?