[rancid] JRancid show config | display set

Árni Birgisson abirgisson at fattoc.com
Thu Oct 29 11:12:44 UTC 2009

Hey guys,

I'm interested in adding a command to jrancid - rancid for juniper -
to be able to get the "display set" version of the config.

The command for that is "show configuration | display set".

Has anybody done this?

Digging through the code it seems like adding this command to the
commandtable is failing because of the | (pipe) character.
For example, this line of code:

    $cmds_regexp=join("|", at commands);

is joining all the different commands into a string, seperated by the
pipe character.

This variable is then used later is this regexp check

     while (/>\s*($cmds_regexp)\s*$/) {

and my command which includes the pipe characters is probably not
behaving correctly in there.

I've tried making some changes to the code to make it work, but i'm
wondering if anybody has found a better solution to this?

-Arni

Arni Birgisson
Network Engineer
FATTOC Iceland