[rancid] After upgrade rancid works, rancid-run does not work

Schmidt, Daniel dan.schmidt at uplinkdata.com
Wed Oct 28 20:56:51 UTC 2009

Many apologies if somebody has answered this - Rancid has always worked
for me before and I'm new to the list.  Any assistance greatly
appreciated.

clogin and rancid work fine after upgrade, given the correct PATH.
clogin logs in correctly, rancid correctly creates a router.new file.
rancid-run does not work.  The log is empty and tacacs logs show that it
didn't even try to login.

rancid at che-rancid-001:~/var/logs$ cat group_name.20091028.142620
starting: Wed Oct 28 14:26:20 MDT 2009

ending: Wed Oct 28 14:26:21 MDT 2009
rancid at che-rancid-001:~/var/logs$

Everything seemed to install to the correct location with the following
configure.
./configure --localstatedir=/home/rancid --prefix=/home/rancid

I tried a new rancid.conf including the new CVSROOT commands, but have
not have any luck.  Suggestions greatly appreciated!

-Dan