[rancid] Re: Rancid Reports Changes in router.db when no changes have been made

Shane Kavanagh shane.kavanagh at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 09:08:37 UTC 2009

All

I added the fake router to the end of the config and this did not solve the
problem, I cut and paste the offending devices to the end of the config and
this did not work either, I deleted the offending devices from the config
and ran rancid again, got an alert for deleted routers, then added them in
from scratch and I got 1 alert to inform me of new routers and I have not
had any issues since then.

if anyone else if having this issue they may try the above.  I think it may
have been an issue with and CR at the end of each line might not have been a
CR but a Manual line break instead.

Regards

SK