[rancid] Re: All routers showing as down

Nick Hollingsworth Nick.Hollingsworth at alphawest.com.au
Tue Nov 17 00:17:41 UTC 2009

> > You nailed it Alex and John - file was in DOS format. Solved it with:
> >
> > 	:set ff=unix
> >
> > Now I need to figure out a way for the admins to modify the file without changing
> the format.  I did some tests - rancid doesn't seem to mind if root owns router.db or
> that router.db group is root.
>
> end the lines w/ :

As in:

	10.4.1.2:cisco:up:

?

Alphawest Disclaimer

If this communication is not intended for you and you are not an authorised recipient of this email you are prohibited by law from dealing with or relying on the email or any file attachments.
This prohibition includes reading, printing, copying, re-transmitting, disseminating, storing or in any other way dealing or acting in reliance on the information.
If you have received this email in error, we request you contact Alphawest immediately by returning the email to postmaster at alphawest.com.au and destroy the original.
This email is confidential and may contain privileged client information.
Alphawest has taken reasonable steps to ensure the accuracy and integrity of all its communications, including electronic communications, but accepts no liability for materials transmitted.
Alphawest collects, uses and stores information regarding its customers from time to time in accordance with its privacy policy located on www.alphawest.com.au.