[rancid] upgrade from 2.3.2-a7-2?

Chris Gauthier cgauthier at mapscu.com
Fri Nov 6 18:50:10 UTC 2009

So, now that I have installed my new ASA5520, I have the same "coredump"
file issue that had been previously reported by others.  I know the fix
is to upgrade to 2.3.2, but I'm not sure of the best way to do that
since my installation is an ubuntu package installation.

If I uninstall the package, then I will lose my configs and repository,
right?

How would you handle this?  I think I need to uninstall the 3 rancid
packages and build from source.  I just don't want to lose everything in
the process.

Here are the 3 packages (all 2.3.20-a7-2)

rancid-cgi

rancid-core

rancid-util

Ideas?

Chris Gauthier

Network Administrator

MaPS Credit Union

v: 503.375.2445

f: 503.779.1083

http://www.mapscu.com <http://www.mapscu.com>

"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes
turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to
return."

-Leonardo da Vinci