[rancid] Re: Cisco ASA 8.2 software - changes....

Justin Shore justin at justinshore.com
Fri May 29 02:17:46 UTC 2009

Justin Shore wrote:
> I'll put a call into TAC next week and raise hell about this.  There's
> no excuse for this file's timestamp to be hit every time someone does a
> 'show run' (which is apparently the trigger for this "feature").

I opened my case with TAC last week and asked for it to be escalated to
the DE folks.  My TAC engineer ran the case up the flagpole for me and
this issue is now acknowledged to be and is officially logged as a bug.
  The BugID is CSCsz85597.

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCsz85597

My engineer suggested downgrading to the latest 8.0.4 interim release as
a temporary workaround while the DE folks address the bug and work it
into a maintenance release, hopefully for 8.2.  It should be a really
simple fix so hopefully it doesn't take too long.  The engineer said
that at least one other person is now attached to this bug and they too
were running RANCID.

Justin