[rancid] Re: Device Groups

john heasley heas at shrubbery.net
Tue May 26 17:54:20 UTC 2009

Mon, May 25, 2009 at 06:13:47PM -0400, Dustin Schuemann:
> I am a consultant so im not always able to run rancid run to download
> all the devices. Is there a way I can just specify a device list by
> client to only download that list.

i do not understand what you're asking exactly.

you can mark a device 'down' and it won't be collected.
you can run rancid-run groupname to only collect that group
you can run rancid-run -r devicename or rancid-run -r devicename groupname to
only collect that device or that device in that group

> Also does this work with Adtran devices.

no; someone suggested they'd write a module for it, but i havent seen it yet.