[rancid] Re: Foundry ServerIron

William Yardley rancid at veggiechinese.net
Tue May 12 23:18:03 UTC 2009

On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 03:31:35PM -0700, john heasley wrote:

> > FWIW, "flogin -noenable -c 'show vers;show vers'" works fine.
>
> do it w/o the -noenable.  francid also expects the '#' prompt.

So there's no way to use (unmodified) Rancid to get a device's config
when there's no "#" prompt, even with noenable set in the .cloginrc?

In this case, what I'm trying to do is to collect the needed information
with a user that has exactly the level of permissions to collect that
information. Since the user has permissions to get the needed
information, there's no need for the router to be in enable mode to get
what I need.