[rancid] Re: Question about retaining multiple versions of Cisco configs

Mike Ashcraft mashcraft at omniture.com
Wed Mar 11 19:42:36 UTC 2009

Rancid stores configurations in CVS (or SVN if you configure it to do so).  This facilitates accessing the configuration from any time period, including the last 3 revisions, up to the amount of disk space you are willing to allocate for storage.

Read up on how to use CVS to checkout and compare any current or previous configuration for each device.