[rancid] SSH process hangs using cron with Aruba devices

Simpson, Brett brett.simpson at sykes.com
Fri Mar 6 14:23:21 UTC 2009

I setup a custom expect based on the Cisco ones and can do a successful
backup of the Aruba devices. The only real different if I added some
extra filter to remove some unneeded lines. This works fine if I do it
manually while SSH'ed into the Rancid server but if I run it through
cron the ssh instances hang. I saw a number of posts on similar issues
but haven't had much luck in fixing. Any ideas?

Centos 5.2 i386

rancid-2.3.2a9

Thanks,

Brett