[rancid] Re: Diffs config and save if it's changed

NMaio at guesswho.com NMaio at guesswho.com
Thu Jun 18 20:36:09 UTC 2009

Alex,
If I understand what you really want you shouldn't have to backup any "old" configs.  The whole point of Rancid is to backup up configs when they change and also keep the old versions in CVS so you can go back to your previous config or for that matter go back to the config that was X number of changes ago.

Have a look at  cvsweb if you like web interfaces.  It will display your configs and also allow you to diff the current config to any previous config.  Keep in mind this is only an interface to view what Rancid already handles under the hood.

Nick