[rancid] Re: Issues getting Rancid to Back up the JuniperMX960.

Elliott, Andrew AElliott at xo.com
Mon Jun 1 18:39:24 UTC 2009

configuration'
> host
>
> and if that fails jlogin -d -c ....

Yes, I have been running it from the command line.

The -d switch is failing for me:

stlrvrpol0> ./jlogin -d -c 'show chassis clocks;show chassis
environment;show chassis firmware;show chassis fpc detail;show chassis
hardware detail;show chassis routing-engine;show chassis scb;show
chassis sfm detail;show chassis ssb;show chassis feb;show chassis
cfeb;show chassis alarms;show system boot-messages;show version
detail;show configuration' rtr1.city-st

Error: Unknown argument! -d
Usage: ./jlogin [-c command] [-Evar=x] [-f cloginrc-file]  [-p
user-password] [-r passphrase] [-s script-file]  [-u username] [-t
timeout] [-x command-file] [-y ssh_cypher_type]  router [router...]
stlrvrpol0>

stlrvrpol0> uname -a
SunOS stlrvrpol0 5.8 Generic_117350-43 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-Enterprise
stlrvrpol0> expect -v
expect version 5.31.5
stlrvrpol0> ssh -V
OpenSSH_4.7p1, OpenSSL 0.9.8e 23 Feb 2007
stlrvrpol0>

Due to specific restrictions within the organization, I will have an
extremely difficult time getting approval for the patched version of
expect to be compiled.  Is the issue still present in 5.43?  I would
have a much easier time getting the expect upgraded to the latest
official version than getting a patched one installed.