[rancid] Re: Issues getting Rancid to Back up the Juniper MX960.

john heasley heas at shrubbery.net
Mon Jun 1 17:05:48 UTC 2009

Mon, Jun 01, 2009 at 12:39:16PM -0400, Elliott, Andrew:
> I think we were able to find the problem.
>

> The routers have very large configurations and when I ran jlogin
> manually, I saw that it was timing out about 90% of the way through the
> configuration output.  The point at which it timed out varied slightly
> every time I ran it.

I think you have some other problem and this fix is going to fail in the
future/randomly.

What do you mean by 'timed out'?  did it hang?  did jlogin/expect exit with a
timeout error?  if you run the command manually,
	NOPIPE=YES; export NOPIPE
	jlogin -c 'show version;...' host
what is at the end of the host.raw file?