[rancid] Re: Cisco 3550 - Vlan DB

Satyam Mathura satz.sm at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 20:39:21 UTC 2009

Guys i've found a solution.
Rancid does a version check before running Sh Vlan. If the version returned
is 3550 then it returns an error and does not execute sh vlan.

Edit /usr/bin/rancid
comment out the following line in the ShowVLAN subroutine
# return(1) if ($type =~ /^(3550|4500)$/);

Vlan database information is now correctly returned for my 3550s