[rancid] Re: Issues with cat5

Michael Stefaniuc mstefani at redhat.com
Thu Jan 29 13:05:22 UTC 2009

Ryan DeBerry wrote:
> I have seen many posts in the archives with the same issue but I have not
> seen a resolution.
Which rancid version are you using? I have submitted patches to fix the
problem and those were accepted (in a modified) form upstream. I use
rancid-2.3.2a8 and the only CatOS specific patch I have is to kill the
bogus "set portcost" config lines.

> clogin works just fine but rancid-run spits out error timeout reached
Btw. what device type are you using for the CatOS devices: "cisco" or
"cat5"? "cat5" is the correct type.

bye
	michael
--
Michael Stefaniuc                           Tel.: +49-711-96437-199
Consulting Communications Engineer          Fax.: +49-711-96437-111