[rancid] Re: rancid and Alcatel-Lucent OmniSwitch 6850

Alexander Bochmann ab at lists.gxis.de
Mon Jan 12 23:20:51 UTC 2009

Hi,

...on Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 03:03:23PM -0800, David Newman wrote:

 > On 1/12/09 2:53 PM, Alexander Bochmann wrote:
 > > Could you try running
 > > ologin -c"show configuration snapshot" <switch address>
 > > to see if that part works at all?
 > Yes, that logs in via ssh, sets "no more" and then returns the entire
 > config.

Hmmm... Perhaps one of the other commands that are run is
the problem then.

Maybe try to edit orancid and comment out everything besides
the {'show configuration snapshot all'      => 'ShowConfig'},
line in @commandtable.

If that works, you could single out the command that breaks
on your switch by commenting the other commands back in one
by one (warning: all the cisco stuff is still in there too,
so don't get that mixed up).

I cleaned up the orancid code somewhat a couple of weeks ago,
should probably repost that version.

Alex.