[rancid] Re: CSS backup "end of run not found"

georg.naggies at r-it.at georg.naggies at r-it.at
Tue Jan 6 11:58:39 UTC 2009

When there are unsaved config changes on the CSS it asks "do you want to
save the config" or something like that, and Rancid doesn't catch that.
Therefore: try logging in manually and see what the CSS does on logout.
Best, Georg

heas at shrubbery.net
Gesendet von: rancid-discuss-bounces at shrubbery.net
06.01.2009 01:08

An
smunzani at comcast.net
Kopie
rancid-discuss at shrubbery.net
Thema
[rancid] Re: CSS backup "end of run not found"

Mon, Jan 05, 2009 at 03:51:54PM -0600, Sam Munzani:
> Team,
>
> I am using cssrancid of following version.
>
> ## $Id: cssrancid.in,v 1.4 2004/01/11 03:49:13 heas Exp $

1.4 is ancient.  please try a more recent version first.

> I can successfully login to the css with clogin command and run both of
> the commands that fail when rancid-run executes.
>
> Getting missed routers: round 1.
> mycss01: found unexpected command - "term length 65000"
> mycss01: found unexpected command - "copy profile user-profile"
> mycss01: End of run not found
>
> The cssrancid has term length settings of 65535 but I changed it to
> 65000 just to see if the number makes a difference but no luck. Any
> pointers?
>
> Below is debug output. BTW, I set my TERM variable manually to ensure
> that's not the issue here.
> $echo $TERM
> vt100
>
> $cssrancid -d mycss01
> executing clogin -t 90 -c"term length 65000;copy profile
> user-profile;show version;show boot;show run" mycss01
> HIT COMMAND:mycss01#  term length 65000
> HIT COMMAND:mycss01#  term length 65000
> mycss01: found unexpected command - "term length 65000"
> HIT COMMAND:mycss01# copy profile user-profile
> HIT COMMAND:mycss01# copy profile user-profile
> mycss01: found unexpected command - "copy profile user-profile"
> HIT COMMAND:mycss01# show version
>     In ShowVersion: mycss01# show version
> HIT COMMAND:mycss01# show boot
>     In ShowBoot: mycss01# show boot
> HIT COMMAND:mycss01# show run
>     In ShowRun: mycss01# show run
> mycss01: End of run not found
> mycss01: End of run not found
>

> Thanks,
> sam

Raiffeisen Informatik GmbH, Firmenbuchnr. 88239p, Handelsgericht Wien, DVR 0486809, UID ATU 16351908

Der Austausch von Nachrichten mit oben angefuehrtem Absender via E-Mail dient ausschliesslich Informationszwecken. Rechtsgeschaeftliche Erklaerungen duerfen ueber dieses Medium nicht ausgetauscht werden.
Correspondence with above mentioned sender via e-mail is only for information purposes. This medium may not be used for exchange of legally-binding communications.