[rancid] CSS backup "end of run not found"

Sam Munzani smunzani at comcast.net
Mon Jan 5 21:51:54 UTC 2009

Team,

I am using cssrancid of following version.

## $Id: cssrancid.in,v 1.4 2004/01/11 03:49:13 heas Exp $

I can successfully login to the css with clogin command and run both of
the commands that fail when rancid-run executes.

Getting missed routers: round 1.
mycss01: found unexpected command - "term length 65000"
mycss01: found unexpected command - "copy profile user-profile"
mycss01: End of run not found

The cssrancid has term length settings of 65535 but I changed it to
65000 just to see if the number makes a difference but no luck. Any
pointers?

Below is debug output. BTW, I set my TERM variable manually to ensure
that's not the issue here.
$echo $TERM
vt100

$cssrancid -d mycss01
executing clogin -t 90 -c"term length 65000;copy profile
user-profile;show version;show boot;show run" mycss01
HIT COMMAND:mycss01#  term length 65000
HIT COMMAND:mycss01#  term length 65000
mycss01: found unexpected command - "term length 65000"
HIT COMMAND:mycss01# copy profile user-profile
HIT COMMAND:mycss01# copy profile user-profile
mycss01: found unexpected command - "copy profile user-profile"
HIT COMMAND:mycss01# show version
    In ShowVersion: mycss01# show version
HIT COMMAND:mycss01# show boot
    In ShowBoot: mycss01# show boot