[rancid] OK I'm confused, .cloginrc not working

Todd Heide Todd at equivoice.com
Wed Feb 4 22:18:29 UTC 2009

Seems like something isn't right. I have the same clogin file that has
worked in the past, and I verified that I can ssh, or telnet to these
deices, using the correct username and password combination, but none of
the devices are authenticating, I get "clogin error: Error: Check your
passwd for".

Here is a sampling of my .cloginrc

add password    10.1.3.58       {password}     {otherpassword}

add method      10.1.3.58       telnet

add password    10.1.3.59       {password}     {otherpassword}

add method      10.1.3.59       telnet

 The above is for devices that are not on AAA, and for those on AAA

add user *      rancid

add password *          {rancidpassword}

add autoenable  *       1

I haven't checked against SSH or the ASA's yet, but they worked in the
past also, and have not changed.

add autoenable                ip.ip.ip.ip            0

add user                              ip.ip.ip.ip             rancid

add cyphertype                                                des

add password                    ip.ip.ip.ip             {password}
{password}

add method                       ip.ip.ip.ip             ssh

Is there a log file I can look at?

Thanks

Todd