[rancid] Login Problems Without Username

Jason Ledford jledford at biltmore.com
Wed Feb 4 18:59:02 UTC 2009

So I have my previous problem sorted out, many thanks.  Now I am having a problem logging in to routers that don't prompt for a username (the only diff I can see).  These are predominatly 2600 series Cisco routers.  I can telnet to the routers in question and am immediately prompted for a password, no username.  I enter my password and can then #en and type the enable password and get my config.  In my cloginrc file I have tried to use blank for add user and then just remove the add user line, and then :add password host password enpassword, and every time it tells me
Error: no password for dc-c2600-internet in /var/lib/rancid/.cloginrc

Even though in my cloginrc file I have the same add password line for it as I do for every other host.

Any help or pointers for what to try?

TIA