[rancid] f5 bigIP issue

kenneth.w.sain at accenture.com kenneth.w.sain at accenture.com
Tue Feb 3 18:44:34 UTC 2009

According to the list archives, this issue should have been resolved
back around August 2007:

http://www.shrubbery.net/pipermail/rancid-discuss/2007-August/002436.htm

However, I am experiencing the same exact problem using the newer
f5rancid (instead of the mentioned f5login) from rancid-2.3.2a9.

The only similar code I see in bin/f5rancid is where TERM gets set to
vt100 (lines 63-64).  I don't see where TERM is ever sent during the
login process, so I end up with a login timeout error.

A manual clogin test confirms the login process hangs at the TERM type
question from the bigIP device.

Any ideas?