[rancid] Re: 3com 5500 device support

Laurent CARON lcaron at unix-scripts.info
Sun Aug 23 14:19:49 UTC 2009

On 22/08/2009 13:14, Jethro R Binks wrote:
> On Sat, 22 Aug 2009, Laurent CARON wrote:
>
>> I've seen the recent thread of Jun. 12 (Added 3com BLS switches (2948)
>> and corrected script for fortigate 80, and OpenSuSE spec file) about
>> 3com device support.
>>
>> I'd like to know if supporting 3com devices in the official rancid
>> distribution is planned or not.
>
> Officially, I do not know.  But I knocked up some modules specifically for
> 5500s, of which we have a good number, and they work reasonably well.
>
> I have just uploaded what you need to try it out, see:
>
>    http://sites.google.com/site/jrbinks/code/rancid/h3c
>
> and let me know how you get on.

Hi,

Tried it on both 4500 and 5500 series switches and it seems to somehow fail.

I get the following error in the logs:

Getting missed routers: round 3.
can not find channel named "exp6"
     while executing
"close"
     ("foreach" body line 129)
     invoked from within
"foreach router [lrange $argv $i end] {
     set router [string tolower $router]
     send_user "$router\n"

     # Figure out prompt.
     # Since autoena..."
     (file "/usr/lib/rancid/bin/h3clogin" line 657)
routername.domain.com h3clogin error: Error: TIMEOUT reached
routername.domain.com: missed cmd(s): display domain,display ftm
topology-database,display current-configuration,display password-control
super,display cluster,display device manuinfo,display xrn-fabric,display
password-control,display fan,display poe temperature-protection,display
mirror all,display lacp sys,display fib,display poe powersupply,display
device,display version,display link-aggregation verbose,display ssh
server status,display vlan all,display link-aggregation summary,display
power,display boot-loader,display local-user
routername.domain.com: End of run not found
!

Whenever using bin/h3clogin routername.domainname.com I can get the
switch prompt fine.

Do you have a clue about what might be wrong here ?

Thanks