[rancid] Rancid configure error

Mathiruban Rajagopal mathiruban at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 03:08:33 UTC 2009

Dear Team,

I am configuring Rancid on HP DL380 server.
When I used rancid-cvs command to create the /usr/local/var/networking/
directory and its associated database and network device list files, I am
getting an error that cvs command not found.

*[rancid at rancid ~]$ /usr/local/rancid/bin/rancid-cvs
*/usr/local/rancid/bin/rancid-cvs: line 98: cvs: command not found

When I checked the log, it say " there is no version here; do 'cvs checkout'
first"

*[root at rancid logs]# more networking.20090820.090101
*starting: Thu Aug 20 09:01:01 IST 2009

cvs status: cannot open CVS/Entries for reading: No such file or directory
cvs status: use `cvs add' to create an entry for 203.94.64.246
cvs add: in directory .:
cvs [add aborted]: there is no version here; do 'cvs checkout' first
cvs added missing router 203.94.64.246

Trying to get all of the configs.
All routers sucessfully completed.
cvs diff: in directory .:
cvs [diff aborted]: there is no version here; run 'cvs checkout' first
cvs commit: in directory .:
cvs [commit aborted]: there is no version here; run 'cvs checkout' first

Pls help me.

Thx & Rgds,

Mathy