[rancid] Re: End of run not found... Running rancid 2.3.2 version

Sam Munzani smunzani at comcast.net
Tue Aug 4 15:11:04 UTC 2009

John,

My comments inline,
>> more system:running-config is an ASA only command and this is a router
>> so its not going to work for sure.
>>

> it works on mine, but be version dependent.  its fine if it doesnt work,
> but i suspect that it is working and triggering the timing problem.  see
> the rancid web page for an explaination of the timing or hanging issue.
>
> the 'end' in your test output was in the .out file or the .raw file?  try
> it with NOPIPE set and see which command(s) are working.

I don't even see any .out files in /tmp or rancid log dir. Neither I see
raw files.
>> Only the command that works is show running-config. I will try again
>> with other commands remarked out and with only "show running" and see
>> how it goes.
>>
>>> this reeks of a timing issue; aka solaris/linux w/o the expect patch.
I looked on rancid patch and there is reference of patch for Solaris 2.6
or 9. It doesn't mention Solaris 10.

Also, which file do I modify for hack2 mentioned at
ftp://ftp.shrubbery.net/pub/rancid/expect-hack2? I don't seem to have
exp_chan.c file on my file system.