[rancid] rancid with Cisco ASA 5520 in Multiple Context Mode

Carlo Finotti carlo.finotti at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 01:37:22 UTC 2009

So I have been trying to use rancid with "clogin" to simply backups up
my firewall running in multiple context mode.  When I run the command
below from a ubuntu command line it works with no issues but if I add
it to a bash script it breaks, any suggestions?

sudo /usr/lib/rancid/bin/clogin -f /home/user/.cloginrc-firewall -c
'terminal pager 0; changeto context test; sh run; changeto context
test1; changeto context test2; sh run; changeto context test3; exit'
10.2.2.1 > /home/user/backups/firewall-test.cfg

If anyone has any suggestions on creating a bash script with "clogin"
I would appreciate the feedback because I have been racking my brain
:-\  And I am by no means a linux guru so that is why I am struggling.
 My goal is to back up (4) separate firewalls, (3) core switches and
(6) routers while making it as simple as possible.

Thanks,
Carlo