[rancid] Re: Rancid with Fortigate Devices?

Peter Serwe peter.serwe at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 23:03:37 UTC 2009

On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 10:45 AM, john heasley <heas at shrubbery.net> wrote:
> yep, your prompt is nFGT100C3G0860259~ $
> but the script expects ->

Ah yes, I had an issue with my new router guy wanting to change all of
the router prompts
for BCP 38 compliance, and I had to veto the prompt change because I
don't want to see either
of my CMS's broken.

That would be another awesome thing to break out into a configuration
file per device, having
a variable to set the regex of the prompt relatively easily, or just
set a simple wildcard.  I wonder
if that's even possible with expect.  Or if it would be possible to
get the prompt, and set it on the fly,
so that rancid doesn't care what the prompt actually is.

Peter

--
ピーター