[rancid] Re: Rancid New Router Type

Rhys Evans rhys.evans at Redblade.co.uk
Thu Apr 16 21:19:16 UTC 2009

Firstly thanks for the responses. I agree with some of the points raised mainly the naming of the files, I will look at doing this once
I have this working. I have run the following command (output is shown below)

env NOPIPE=y PATH=${PATH}:/usr/local/libexec/rancid drancid -d

Let me know what you think

[rancid at ran01 ~]$ env NOPIPE=y PATH=${PATH}:/usr/local/libexec/rancid drancid -d
executing dlogin -t 30 -c"sys version;sys iface" missed cmd(s): sys version,sys iface missed cmd(s): sys version,sys iface
[rancid at ran01 ~]$

spawn telnet
Connected to (
Escape character is '^]'.

Password: **********

Type ? for command help

> sys version
Router Model: Vigor3100 series    Version: v2.7.1 English
Profile version: 0x2    Status: 1 (0xcd0a7a2)
Router IP:    Netmask:
Firmware Build Date/Time: Wed Nov 29 16:32:4.45 2006
Revision: 173
ADSL Firmware Version: R308_1  Annex B

> sys iface
Interface 0 Ethernet:
IP Address:      Netmask: 0xFFFFFFFF
MAC: 00-50-7F-B7-5C-C9
> quitConnection closed by foreign host.

This message was scanned by Redclient and is believed to be clean.