[rancid] Upload configs by webinterface?

Paul Buts paul at paulbuts.nl
Wed Apr 15 13:36:18 UTC 2009

Hi all,

My situation:
Unix Debian, RANCID, CVSweb, Cisco devices and Apache2.

Is it possible to implement an upload script in the CVSweb page to upload
Cisco configs to routers? If there are wrong changes, I want to restore them
by web interface. Something like a restore button. Do you guys know if thats
possible?

I can make something with Shell, Expect and a TFTP server. My biggest
problem is only how to implement it in the CVS webpage.

Any hints or keywords would be really appreciated. Thanks!

Cheers,
Paul