[rancid] the expect problem

Smith, Aaron Aaron.Smith at sfmta.com
Sat Apr 4 00:12:49 UTC 2009

Hello everyone, sorry to bother everyone with this, but I'm having a
devil of a time getting around the expect bug...I've tried running the
patch against my system, tried a new install using the posted expect and
tcl from the rancid ftp server, but no luck, I still get the timeout.

Would someone be so kind as to list out a working linux distribution,
version, etc, and as well as if you used the posted source from the
rancid ftp server or somewhere else?

Even if I have to go back several versions, whatever it takes, and I'm
currently using debian 5, but that is no matter, I need to get my rancid
back!!

Thanks

Aaron