[rancid] Errors on new category

Steve Ousley steve at host-it.co.uk
Thu Sep 25 09:22:24 UTC 2008

Hi All

I have recently installed rancid on a new machine to backup a different
(physical) site that we have.  I have it backing up ASA's no problems,
however none of the other CVS categories seem to have created properly.

I think I bodged a solution to get the ASA's working because I needed it
urgently, leaving the rest of the categories till now.

I have tried backing up the switch category and I see the following in the
log file for the switch category:

rancid:/usr/local/rancid/var/logs# cat switch.20080925.110603

starting: Thu Sep 25 11:06:03 BST 2008

cvs commit: cannot open CVS/Entries for reading: No such file or directory

cvs commit: nothing known about `router.db'

cvs [commit aborted]: correct above errors first!

Does anyone have any ideas how I go about solving this?

Steve Ousley - SO620-RIPE

Nuco Technologies Ltd

 <mailto:steve at host-it.co.uk> steve at host-it.co.uk

 <http://www.nucotechnologies.com/> www.nucotechnologies.com

Tel. 0870 165 1300

Nuco Technologies Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales
with company number 04470751