[rancid] Re: Download configs from one router through another

Graham Fleming Graham.Fleming at bdwalk.biz
Thu Sep 11 18:52:38 UTC 2008

Ed, thanks a lot for your patch. I got it working. Is there a way
though, to use wildcards with the usercmd_chat?

For instance, we log into a gateway router using a public IP address. We
then specify a method to reach the internal routers using usercmd. All
of the internal routers, let's say, are on the 10.0.0.0/24 network.

Is there a way to add a universal method that would use the 10.0.0.0/24
network as a wildcard (ie 10.0.0.*) and then could we put in a {*} or
something in the usercmd_chat so that any prompt is matched?

This would save us from adding dozens of separate .cloginrc commands for
the internal routers.

Regards,

Graham