[rancid] Catalyst 2960

Steve Ousley steve at host-it.co.uk
Thu Nov 13 14:10:14 UTC 2008

We have 2 Catalyst 2960 switches that rancid is unable to get the configs

I have tried to clogin to the catalyst switches, and it logs in ok, however,
I cannot type anything on the command line to get anything from the switch,
the connection simply times out after a given period.

I know the rancid user works ok as I can telnet to the switch from the
rancid machine, and view output as normal, but whenever I do this from
within rancid or clogin, it fails.

The config that I have is:

x.x.x.x:cisco:up in the router.db file.

Has anyone seen anything like this in the past and corrected it?

Steve Ousley - SO620-RIPE

Nuco Technologies Ltd

 <mailto:steve at host-it.co.uk> steve at host-it.co.uk

 <http://www.nucotechnologies.com/> www.nucotechnologies.com

Tel. 0870 165 1300

Nuco Technologies Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales
with company number 04470751