[rancid] Re: Netscreen: nlogin file 'set console page 0'

Jethro R Binks jethro.binks at strath.ac.uk
Tue Nov 11 22:45:29 UTC 2008

On Tue, 11 Nov 2008, john heasley wrote:

> Some (broken) devices, like Foundry, have a global setting to
> disable/enable the pager that is permanent and affects all users.

Perhaps once, but does not appear to be the case even on modestly recent
versions of the Foundry OS that I am familiar with (BigIron 7.6, 8.0,
Super-X 3.x, 4.x, FWSX).  skip-page-display is a Priv exec command that
affects only the current session.  Maybe it is time to remove the naughty
words surrounding this bit in flogin :)

"Serial console and Telnet CLI users can individually enable or disable
page-display mode without affecting the page-display mode of other CLI
users.

This command is equivalent to the no enable skip-page-display command at
the global CONFIG level."

Global config command "enable skip-page-display" is per-system, rather
than per-user.  I guess the per-session priv exec command came later.

I note similar comments for Extreme: "... an extreme (since the pager can
not be disabled on a per-vty basis)".

Jethro.

--
Jethro R Binks