[rancid] Re: Cisco ASA Backup with Preshared Keys

Dwi C Taniel dc at dwichandra.info
Mon Nov 3 17:21:47 UTC 2008

Anyway, just to add one safer approach on Jeremy's request:

Based on
http://www.linuxhomenetworking.com/wiki/index.php/Quick_HOWTO_:_Ch1_:_Network_Backups_With_Rancid#Initial_Rancid_Configuration

I'm quoting the paragraph:
By default Rancid filters out passwords and SNMP community strings.
You may want to set the FILTER_PWDS and NOCOMMSTR variables to "NO" to
prevent this.

#
# Sample rancid.conf
#
LIST_OF_GROUPS="networking"
FILTER_PWDS=NO; export FILTER_PWDS
NOCOMMSTR=NO; export NOCOMMSTR

So, I think, what you need is only the FILTER_PWDS=NO; export
FILTER_PWDS, without tempering /usr/local/rancid/bin/rancid too much ;)

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Dwi