[rancid] Re: GRE & Rancid

Sam Munzani smunzani at comcast.net
Thu May 22 15:19:44 UTC 2008

Todd,

Rancid runs "show running" command which generates the running
configuration real time from the device. May be ASA has a bug related to
"show run" command. Do it manually to confirm. Run that command manually
and see if it makes difference.

Lately I am running more and more in to situations where people don't
like to give enable password to rancid. Instead of that, they usually
allow all show commands to rancid via setting up rancid account at priv
5 or something and allowing priv-5 to run all show commands. When that
happens you can't run "show run" command but you can do "show config".
In few of my recent rancid deployments, I ended up substituting "show
run" command with "show config" in bin/rancid file's commands section.
If your issue is related to "show run" commands, you can do the same.

Hope this helps,
Sam